At the end of October 2020, members of our Association and Russian entrepreneurs made their first business trip to an African country - the Republic of Djibouti.
The trip was organized by the Embassy of the Republic of Djibouti in the Russian Federation,The Association of Investors and Entrepreneurs "International Business Corporation" of St. Petersburg with the support of the Committee for External Relations of St. Petersburg.
The delegation arrived in R. Djibouti, consisting of 5 people (representatives of five companies). Head of Delegation Mr. Mark Ruslan Anatolyevich - Chairman of the Board of the Association.
During the period of our work in Africa from 10/25/2020 to 10/28/2020 visits were made:
- To the Chamber of Commerce of R. Djibouti to the President, Mr. Yussuf Moussa Daule.
- To the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of R. Djibouti to H.P. Mr Mahmoud Ali Yussuf, Minister.
- To the Ministry of Economy and Finance of R. Djibouti to H.P. Mr. Ilyas Moussa Dauale, Minister.
- To the Ministry of Health to the Minister Mr. Mohamed Varsam Dirieh.
- To the Secretary General of the Ministry of Investment, Mr. Abdi Elmi Ashkir, and the President’s Investment Advisor, Mr. Alexis Mohamed.
- To the Ministry of Energy and Natural Resources, to the Minister, Mr. Yonis Ali Gedi.
- To the Ministry of Commerce of R. Djibouti, Mr. Hassan Hummed Ibrahim.
- Meetings were organized between members of the delegation and businessmen from R. Djibouti.
- A courtesy visit was paid to the mayor of Djibouti, Ms. Fatuma Awaleh Osman, an agreement was discussed on twin cities - St. Petersburg and Djibouti, as port cities, between the Government of St. Petersburg and the Administration of Djibouti, as well as the opening of the Information and Business Center of St. Petersburg in Djibouti, the Trading House "Russian Products" in Djibouti.
- A visit was also paid to the National Assembly of the Republic of Djibouti to the President, Mr. Mohamed Ali Hummed.
During these meetings, the acquaintance and presentation of Russian companies and their products took place. Round tables were held between members of the delegation and representatives of Djibouti business. Issues related to the goals and objectives for the creation of a joint working group to develop trade relations between the two countries were discussed. The representatives of Djibouti provided information on taxes, financial and investment advantage of Djibouti.
As a result of the meeting, contact information was exchanged, negotiations were held with importers of consumer goods, offices and warehouses of Djibouti companies were visited, agreements on mutual assistance were reached, on the signing of cooperation agreements with a number of Russian companies.
There was also a visit to the Free Zone, and some ports, among which was the multi-purpose port of Djibouti, as well as the container port, immediately after the visit, a meeting was organized with the Djibouti business community.
All meetings and visits were unique. But I would like to tell separately about the results of the work of the 3rd day - 10/27/2020, when our delegation paid a visit to the President of the ports and free zones of the Republic of Djibouti, Mr. Abubaker Omar Hadi, to whom Russian companies and their products were presented, as well as the architectural concept of the high-rise cultural and business center of R. Djibouti under the working title "Dgibouti Towers".